Energy Conservation at Home

There are countless improvements a household can make to increase its energy efficiency. However, the effectiveness of each retrofit may vary depending on a household's specific characteristics. Professionals can conduct an energy assessment of a home to determine its weaknesses in terms of energy efficiency and what improvements would be most beneficial.


Home Energy Assessments are a great way to see how a household  uses energy as well as what kinds of improvements will help to conserve energy and save money. Most assessments come complete with the cost of suggested improvements and return on investment dates, allowing a homeowner to make a truly informed decision.

SEDA-COG's Home Energy Assessment

SEDA-COG’s Weatherization Department provides energy assessments to residents, commercial business, religious institutions, local governments, and non-profit organizations. Their BPI and RESNET certified technicians use state-of-the-art technology to assess all energy-using components of a home/building, in order to pinpoint exactly where energy is being lost. They provide the client with prioritized recommendations suggesting where to invest in energy-saving measures. After work has been completed, their technicians provide a follow-up assessment to ensure that energy savings are being met. Click here for a small sample of a full report.

Please call our Weatherization Department at 800-332-6701 for more information or to schedule an assessment.
Energy Assessment Providers for All Sectors

SEDA-COG’s Energy Resource Center has compiled a list of known for-profit and non-profit organizations that provide energy assessment services to clients within our region. The information in the document above has been provided by these organizations. SEDA-COG assumes no responsibility for accuracy of the information or the quality of services provided. This list will be updated periodically to accommodate additional firms. If you need additional assistance, call SEDA-COG’s Energy Resource Center at (570) 524-4491.